Friday, January 2, 2015

Really Stoopid Things I Do Every Day

  
My husband thinks it is very weird that I can't think about nothing. Yes, we have had an actual conversation about this. I can not turn my mind off. I can't quite decide if it is a blessing or a curse. On the one hand, there's always some great new idea marinating up there in my melon. Almost all of my best home reno ideas happen when I'm supposed to be asleep. On the other hand, it is pretty inconvenient that I can't stop obsessing about whatever I'm pondering in order to do other useful and necessary things--like sleep! I can entertain myself for hours thinking about any number of horrible things that are about as likely to happen as the zombie apocalypse. Or me giving up chocolate. Never. Going. To. Happen. And then I go and become a pharmacist. Now I'm actually paid to anticipate every possible thing that could ever go wrong. Oi.

So here I was, mind racing, thinking about how awesome I am for finally starting a blog, and which great idea should I write about first, when BAM! It dawned on me that it's kind of a lot of pressure. My first blog post ever! Crap! Why didn't I save my New Year's Eve Facebook post?!? This brain of mine went completely off on a tangent, and now all I can think about is all the other stupid, stooopid, stuff I do. I submit for your amusement:

Really Stoopid Things I Do Every Day
  • Hit my snooze button once too many. Really, what is 6 more minutes going to do for me? Granted, once I go to sleep, waking up is as painful as swimming up from a coma, not that I've ever actually done that. I'm sure it is physically painful. Whatever. Get up, already, put your underoos on, and get past the worst part of the day!
  • Lose my glasses. And don't notice until after I take out my contacts. Every day. Every damn day. Obviously, I am a source of constant amusement for my poor husband. Then again, he always seems to think I'm hiding the remote in my ear, or somewhere. Dude, it is IN YOUR HAND! But, I digress...
  • Spend waaay tooo looong looking for matching socks. How is it even possible that someone with a doctorate cannot figure out a good way to keep her socks together?  
  • I lose my phone, more than once a day actually. Constantly. And why is it always on vibrate when I do? (Except for that one time when I left it on my boss' desk, and he had a meeting after mine. THEN, of course, the ringer was on its loudest setting. Sigh.)
  • Lose my keys. (And my work badge, and my driver's license, and my debit card, my pen, phone charger, shoes, gloves, you get the idea.) If I can't keep track of a noisemaker in a bubble gum pink Otterbox, what are the chances I will ever know where my keys are? Thank God my car is smarter than me, and only requires that the “key” is somewhere nearby, or I would never get anywhere. Let's not talk about what happens when I need to get in my house. I'm trying to cut down on my cursing.  

#getyourshittogetherwoman