Friday, January 20, 2017

I'm With Elie

We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. 


~Elie Wiesel



There's an awful lot of people taking to social media with the "Can't we all just get along" frame of mind.  No.  No we can not.  No, I can not just wait and see what he's going to do and give him a chance.  He had a campaign to show me what he was about, and I'm not impressed.  I can not just embrace the ridiculousness that is passing for an incoming presidential administration.  Stop asking me to.  Stop implying it's the noisy people creating the problems.  We are the ones making sure all y'all don't start thinking this crap is normal.  Personally, I think Elie Wiesel is a damn good example, so I'm just going to stick with him.